March 10, 2012

R.I.P. Moebius



Moebius/Jean Giraud, one of the greatest artists of our time just passed away this weekend. He was an artistic legend, who had incredible talent, style and originality. He was Hendrix with a pen. He was a huge inspiration for me ever since I was introduced to his work as a kid in the '80s by my mom. There have been a few times over the years when I've had my work compared to his, and I would always take it as a huge compliment. Though he was more contemporary, I placed him in my pantheon of great classic artists right up there with Vermeer, Mucha, Caravaggio, Camarena, Holbein, Klimt, Gerome, Rivera, etc. He helped create the futuristic look of films like Alien, Blade Runner, The Abyss and Tron, while his drawing ability and style was consistently amazing and influenced generations of artists. I'm thankful for the inspiration.

3 comments:

london said...

Man I was just looking through his recent and last book tonight. (Trans forme) Truly a great master of line . I will miss his work.

carlos said...

Descanse en paz. Que grande

Unknown said...

Great tips.The content of your blog is exactly what I needed.Thanks for creating to increase a marketing.
mac repairs